This information is for Las Vegas and Clark County Nevada students only! If you are not located in Nevada, please see the information about our National Permanent Makeup Certification.
As of July 2022, Southern Nevada Health District has changed the regulations for training and the trainers that instruct students. The biggest changes are that there are now two card options for students. They can apprentice as a microblade technician or a permanent makeup artist. All trainers must carry a mentor status card in order to instruct students.
We have listed some basic guidelines below:
- All trainers must have a mentor card.
- Mentors must have a minimum of 4+ years experience.
- Students must have apprentice cards prior to starting their program under their mentor.
- Students will apprentice to get a permanent makeup or microblade card.
- A 6 month mentorship is required for both a microblade apprentice and permanent makeup artist apprentice.
- Students must register for a course to get a SNHD apprenticeship document to obtain their apprentice card.
- We will provide you with your CDC Bloodborne Pathogen Certification as well as infection control. It is included in the cost of your program.
- Part of our program includes walking you through the process with SNHD to obtain your apprentice card.
- Kits including equipment, machine, miroblading tools and practice skins are included in program tuition for Las Vegas SNHD licensing programs. See Kits & Supplies For Permanent Makeup Training Courses
Please let us know if you have additional questions! Ask us a question @ —- Permanent Makeup Certification Questions